Position available for WAWSA operator in McKenzie County (Watford City Area)
Wage and Benefits: Starting Salary D.O.E., Comprehensive benefit package included
Position Overview: Operates and maintains WAWSP infrastructure including structures, water pipelines, fill stations, equipment and grounds.
Level of Authority: Performs routine and non-routine tasks with general supervision. Operates alone during most shifts, frequently performing work that demands a high level of skill and judgment while unsupervised.
Essential Job Functions
• Monitor all plant operations and occasionally record data from meters and gauges. Report malfunctions and unusual trends or conditions to Supervisor.
• Adjust any and all types of valves as needed, start and stop pumps.
• Perform all routine maintenance on equipment.
• Perform critical and administrative duties as needed.
• May be required in emergency situations to report to work during unscheduled time.
• Perform any task assigned to satisfy client’s needs.
• Perform reservoir, pump station and depot maintenance within the scope of abilities with the appropriate supervision. This includes but is not limited to, inspections, painting, and scraping, plumbing, mopping, mowing, driveway maintenance, sweeping, ice scraping and clean up, vehicle maintenance, etc. • Standard work week with an on call schedule as required.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license
• Must pass pre-employment and random drug tests
• Must have clean driving record • Must be able to follow written instructions
• Must have sufficient ability to perform heavy manual labor for extended periods of time in extreme weather conditions, hot, cold, wet or otherwise.
• Must be able to climb up and down a 15-foot ladder or higher in safety gear if necessary.
• Ability to monitor phone and messages throughout work shift. Ability to wear all required safety equipment and protective gear while on premises.
• Must have the ability to safely lift 30# or more.
• Must possess a CDL (Preferred). Other Skills/Abilities
• Ability to make rapid and sound decisions in the event of extraordinary situations such as equipment malfunctions. Frequently required to exercise this judgment while unsupervised.
• Ability to give and follow oral and written instructions.
• Ability to clearly communicate daily work progress, issues and anything of importance in the field, via email, text messages and in person,
• Ability to supervise the work of others occasionally as required.
Send resume to: Western Area Water Supply Authority
C/O Todd Pokrzywinski/Operations Manager
1117 East Broadway
Williston, ND 58802
Ph. 701 774-6605